When you visit our website or use our services, we collect personal information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. Personal information is to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user. This information is not associated with you personally unless you sign in as a registered user.
We may collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use and access to our website, applications, services and tools.
- Email address, phone number, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites
- Personal information you provide to us through customer support
- Other supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data
- Information from your interaction with our website, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
We store and process your personal information on our server. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, and information access authorization controls.
We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. We handle personal information obtained through our website with the intention to provide our information, applications, services and tools to persons and corporations residing in the United States, and we do not intend to process such information to offer goods or services to or monitor behaviors of natural persons residing in European Economic Area. In addition, we may retain personal information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, and take other actions permitted by law.
A few important things you should know about our use of these technologies are:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties, known as service providers, that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services
- You also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control and have not authorized.
Secure Your Information
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer. Be sure to clear data when finished using a shared computer.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our sites and our services, and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to: as responding to your requests, customizing future services for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Provide access to the website and the services and customer support you request
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising
- Tell you about our services, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties
- Contact you through email, phone or others
- Provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- We operate our website or provide services jointly with third parties, and we share your information related to those transactions with related third parties.
- We may use other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We also share your personal information with:
- To provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, tools, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services and will use your personal information in compliance with their respective privacy policies and our global privacy standards.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other users to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, IP address, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or to report suspected illegal activity.
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us using the Contact Us form or by mailing us at:
Works Applications America Inc.
970 West 190th Street, Suite 480
Torrance, CA 90502
Last updated: May 25, 2018